• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photofinish Tutorial

-ebby-

This is a tutorial to make a finish like the finish on my ebbygills. This is a quick and easy way to do it although there are other ways to do it this is my way. Also the baits i have posted more recently are done with a different process but my earlier baits were done this way.

First you need to find a picture on the internet you want to use for your bait. Try to get one that is somewhat similar in shape to the lure you are putting it on.

The next part is the hardest and i can't really tell you how to do it but you need to resize the picture and possible reshape it to get it to fit on your lure. I use the free software PAINT.NET and GIMP to edit the picture.This will take some practice and trial and error. What i do to resize is start a blank document in paint.net that is the same size as your paper (8 by 10 i think) and use the ruler in the program to get close to the size. Once it is the right size you need to make a copy and flip it so u have a mirror image for the other side.

Once you have your picture the right size save it so you can use it again later. Now print the picture onto sticker paper (should be able to find this by the other paper) it is just a full sheet of paper that has the sticker back like the mail label paper. Print both sides of the picture on the paper and cut them out.

Take the sticker backing off and stick it to your lure trying to get it as smooth as possible and no air bubbles. Trim it with a exacto knife. Mine usually dont cover the top and bottom so paint it with the color you want.

Now apply your topcoat. I use devcon 2 ton epoxy and brush it on somewhat thick with a foam brush. This will run while it sets so you need to rotate it while drying or at least once every couple min for about 30 min.