• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help with old yamaha 125 3 wheeler.

Boar

Cant get it to fire, To start, I open choke, depress throttle an pull recoil. Fires every time except now. I get gas coming out the exhaust. I took the carb of an cleaned up everything jets hole an ect... Put it back on an got it to run then it died an same thing happened, gas coming out the exhaust, an wont start. any ideas? thanks boar

If you didn't clean the jets and cuicuts then you didn't clean the carb.

When gas enters the carb the float rises. When the proper fuel level is achieved it will stay at that level via the inlet valve(needle and seat).

Since gas is pouring out the exhaust the inlet vale(needle and seat)is not shutting the fuel off.

What will cause that.

A worn inlet valve.

A piece of crud stuck in the valve keeping it from closing.

Improper adjustment of float drop. Did you happen to bend the tang on the float when you had it apart?

A hole or gas-logged float.

First drain the bowl, that will drop the float and open the inlet valve completely, that might flush out debris stuck between the needle and seat. If that doesn't work you'll have to remove the carb, clean and rebuild. Make sure your kit has the inlet valve and documentation on the float drop.

Old 125? Sounds like an old Tri-Moto.

After you finish what Frank posted above, I would also replace the spark plug. These old 2 strokes were good at fowling spark plugs. Especially if you're running a lot of fuel through the exhaust.

Ditto on the plug; always check the plug first on a 2 stroke. It is also a good idea to have an extra plug and wrench with you out and about.

From what I know, those 2 stroke 125's and 175's are tough to keep running, but it sounds like you've had good luck up to now. I've got a 4 stroke 225 that has been very good to me.