• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury 25 HP help

jeepguy

Did you see my post right above yours on here, from Saturday morning?

marine_man

I just read it and went out in the garage pushed in the thing on the connector that fits to the motor. Had the wife squeeze the ball while I depressed the button/ball. No fuel came out just a bit of air that smelled like gas. Do I replace the whole line or just the primer ball. I called the local marine store and they said they have the lines and attachments....do I need to replace the attachments also?

OK I FIGURED IT OUT. I replaced the fuel line, wal-mart had a universal one. the fittings were not in stock so I used the old ones. I hooked it up and there was still nothing happening. I I unsrewed to little panel where the fuel guage and quick connect are located. I unscrewed all six screw and removed it to see that the diptube was not attached. I emptied the gas into an empty gas can, fished the tube out, trimmed the damged 1/8" off and reattached it with the existing clamp. Primed it and the primer got rock hard right away and the motor turned right on over. I ran it on the earmuffs for 10 minutes and it did not die once. I do need a new tank but for now this will do. I am going to try to get a new tank in the next couple days. And i am glad I replaced the old hose, it was probably 15 years old and would barely flex.