• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

food amount for a tmonth old lab

delta dude

Wondering how much food a day would be right. Pup weighs 11 lbs and the food is purina pro. Bag says 1 1/2 cups per day but does not say three or four feedings. Have had some upchuck problems after pup drinks water. We feed her three times now. Any ideas welcome. thanks Dog is a lab two months old.

I would say a 7-10 wk pup would eat about 2-3cups per day (1-1.5 cups twice per day). After that, if the dog food bag says 1.5cups per day then I would guess thats what it means.

I have a 3month lab who would only eat about 1.5 cups/day for the first 2 months, we gave her 2-3 cups too. She then started to eat more than 2 cups after those two months.

I would watch her weight. If you give her more then the food bag reguires and she gets chunky, you can't see her ribs, then it may be too much food.

Like Riverveiw said it depends on the pup.

Depends on pup, activity,etc. remember,, about the time you get it all figured out the pup will have grown another 5 pounds. Just make sure you can see a very faint rib cage. no lees because it will be under weight and have no stamia, no wome because more health issues will occur. enjoy the chewing machine!

Feed it twice a day. Let it eat what it wants in 10 minutes time. Take away any leftovers after the 10 mins. The dog learns to eat when food is presented and not likely to overfeed. If it quickly gobbles up what you've given, give a little more. Without competition the wolfing down will subside and will eat more leisurely. My three month old pups are eating about twice what my adults get and a lot higher octane too. Don't worry about overweight at that age. Be more concerned about complete nutrition at a level to sustain all that play and growth.