• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cheap camera

I have been asked this question many times before and in the past, have struggled to give a good answer. I have a lot of cameras, many being very expensive and high end. I could talk about it all day long but I have come to a short answer.

Buy a camera made a company known for making cameras like Nikon, Cannon, Pentax...in you price range and you'll be happy.

I have taken just as many fishing shots on my 2MP camera phone as I have with my D90. Mostly I just want a photo for bragging rights, not for publication.

My profile pic was taken with a Nikon E5600, nice little camera i carry with my flyfishing vest.

Buy a camera made a company known for making cameras like Nikon, Canon, Pentax...in you price range and you'll be happy.

Ditto. For a small, relatively cheap digital camera, it's really that easy. Add Sony, Panasonic, HP, any number of others who do well with the compact point-and-shoots. You can get blinded by the sales bullsnot if you walk into a store to shop and buy, but if you know going in what you want to spend and you stay within that budget, the rest is basically unimportant details.

It's only when you think about higher-end digital that all those intricate little tradeoffs seem to matter more.

wplatehunter, if your just taking "memory shots" of fish, ect... In my boat when I have people that are "tipping" whistle me for showing them a nice fishing experience I also include a disc of the day, took with a dispossable digital camera I get at CVS pharmacy(or other drug stores) . For @ $15.00. It takes 25 pics that you want, you can delete a pic and start over, you get a disc for your computer and if it ends up in the drink they can still retrieve the pics off of it. I also have my 30D in the boat but if it goes in the drink mad... Just a CHEAP thought....F&F....