• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

putter question?

picksbigwagon

Not that my putter is bad, I basically two putt (averaged 38 putts for 18 in Hawaii) but my mallet style was a knock off in the first place, mallet style, and I was at Richard's Sporting goods today. My current putter has a plumbers bend in the hozle (I think that is what it is called) and I tried a couple different putters that the shaft was centered on the middle of the putter head. Does that give you an advantage? I tried a couple I liked but I don't want to spend the coin if there is a reason for that style of putter head. I was going to swing a few different irons but i was out of time and I think I will get a club fitting before I look seriously at new irons. Thanks for any expertise.

My current putter face is getting banged up in the bag, I will get a cover for it if I can find a cheapo one.

I also looked at push carts, a couple of guys I played with HI had them and they were pretty slick. One I really liked was the clicgear 2.0......I saw one at the store and told the wifey I would like one for fathers day......anyone else use a push cart? I like to walk but after 15 holes in the sun, I get worn down. The carts aren't cheap but in 10 rounds of cart rental it would be paid for

With putters. It is what ever feels good, and looks good to you! That is why they make so many different styles. And ! Price doesn't always mean it is a better putter. Try as many different ones as you can. If the one you really like is an exspensive one, ask if they have a used one. I play a Scotty Cameron new port . I love it, but didn't have the $280 for a new one. Bought mine used for $100 couple of years ago. Also check out [YouNeedAuthorization] once you have decided on the one you want. Many times you can save yourself some money.

Delmuts hit it right on the nose. The most important thing is how it feels to you. You have to be comfortable with it. Second of all if it looks good to you and the price is right take it. I have an Odyssey 2 ball and only paid $110 for it on Austads online store. So just search around and see whats out there that you like.

With putting, hands down the most important thing is CONFIDENCE and feel. A few years ago I had no confidence and did something as simple as putting a new grip on my putter. I put one of those oversized grips on. It felt SOOOO much better in my hand. My putting improved a ton. If there is anything that can improve your confidence do it. There is nothing worse than standing over an 8 footer and knowing you are going to miss it.

Matt

I went to one of the big golf stores in town,I am a lefty, not much for choices compared to a righty, 8-10- putters vrs, 50. But you are right every one felt different, too bad the one that felt right was also the most expensive one. lol

I got a clicgear 2.0 push cart last spring and love it. It's very solid and well built. Folded down it's compact and it's quick to set up. It comes with a short video to show you how. Because it's a three wheeler none of the cart frame sits on the ground and it will take off on hills so you must remember to set the brake.

For gloves and putters I buy from an online outlet called "MG Golf". The putter is a model 415CR. They will size it and grip it to your specs. I bought the standard set up, used it a while and had it shortened and re-griped to my prefrences at a local golf shop for $12. There is a 60 day no questions return policy on it. If you order it customized and return it there is a re-stocking fee. Nice putter, I really like it.

shaft was centered on the middle of the putter head.

I have a center shafted Odyssey White Hot putter and I love it. But like everyone say's, it's what feels best and what you can keep straight that matters. Narrow it down to 3 or 4 different styles and putt with them until they start to eliminate themselves, then buy the last one in your hands. smile