Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1st annual 'Boji Bonanza!

2 posts in this topic

You are all invited to come and have some fun with the FM/HSO/IceLeaders crew at the first annual ‘Boji Bonanza January 10th at 8am at Emerson Bay on the SW side of West Lake Okoboji right off of Highway 86.

Get your eyes ready to peer into the crystal blue waters and get set for panfish heaven!!! You might even encounter the sighting of a 50 inch Musky while you sight fish for slab crappies, big bull gills, and we can even find a shelf in deeper water and sight fish some fantastic walleye!!! All you need to do is show up!

We will meet at the parking lot of Emerson Bay and try to keep traffic on the lake to a minimum as the crystal blue lake can yield some spooky pannies. In a group or spreading to cover some ground, the weed beds to the sandy flats can produce a real BONANZA of fish. We will fish the morning, take a break and join to gather some information on presentations that work on ‘Boji and grab a bite to eat together.

If you have never fished the Iowa Great Lakes, YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT!

So get your finesse plastics ready and lets fish the first ever ‘BOJI BONANZA with FishingMinnesota - HotSpotOutdoors - IceLeaders.

West Lake Okoboji is the second largest in the chain of lakes at 3,850 acres with depths up to 134’. It is one of Iowa’s most popular lakes because the subterranean springs that make the water clear blue. It is one of only three true blue water lakes in the world. This glacial lake was created by the Wisconsin Glacier nearly 4,000 years ago.

For those looking for shut eye accommodations, please contact Friends of FishingMinnesota the Northland Inn. Be sure to tell them you are coming for the FM event.

If you have questions, ask away!

We are here to help!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I gave mine a week and then mulched.  For me, its kind of a guessing game.  I don't think you want to mulch real warm ground and have the garlic grow too much under that mulch and on the other hand you don't want to let the ground start freezing.  I'm sure there is an ideal soil temp, but I guess I don't know what that is.  I mulched on a morning that we had frost on the ground.  I don't think you want a couple of weeks of warm sun to really get it growing.  
    • I was out on Saturday as well, and boy was it tough. We stuck a couple of fish and missed a couple more right away in the morning, then ran to the access to pick up the third guy, and when we got back to the spot the fish were shut down.

We marked tons of fish all day but found very few biters. Still a heck of a nice day to be on the water, though!
    • Thanks for the link. I saw another lake on that list that was good bass fishing, but they had discontinued stocking trout several years back. Nice to see they resumed, even if it is only a few hundred. I'm fishing perch lake for sure on Friday, but am looking to add a 2nd lake to fish, since it's so small. Square lake, here on the Minnesota side would be ideal, but I can't get a hold of the DNR regarding trout stocking there. I'm down to an electric motor with my little boat anyway, as I need to do some carburetor work on the outboard.
    • I thought there wasn't any proof it was the russians and it could have been a 400lb guy on a bed.    I can't help but find some humor in the dems tactics, playing the Trumpers like a fiddle, and how the repubs are butthurt about it.   Plant some dudes in planned parenthood t-shirts and then watch the Trumpers to blow their tops and start punching people. 
    • She's a nasty women....   (Hilly would look somewhat similar without her catheter strapped on...)  
    • Might not want to fill that diaper up with claims of rigging and fraud too soon.  You've still got two weeks.  
    • Still indecisive ??  
  • Our Sponsors