• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery sight poll

Cooter

A question for those who hunt whitetails in the Midwest: what kind/style of sight are you using and what to you like/dislike about it? Thanks much, I've tried many over the years and still haven't found the 'perfect' sight....maybe there is no such thing but would appreciate your experiences.

I use the HHA 5519. I like the slider sight since there is only one pin and I can fine tune my distances. Its pretty bright but I kinda wish I had a light.

I used a Tro-glo extreme 3pin before this and I liked it alot except I used the wrong pin more than once and missed in the heat of the moment. Never again.

I like Spot Hogg sites. I could have bought a number of them spending all the money trying "cheaper" sites over and over and over.

They are built like tanks. I wouldn't want a site without micro adjustment again. And now they are as bright as they come if you get the wrap on them. The wrap also protects the fiber optics even more than they already were adding brightness and increasing durability.

Yes they cost some money, but like I said, I've spent way more money trying more sights and been unhappy in one way or another.

Now if I could only find my perfect rest....

I use a Savage pendulum sight. I have used others and then went to a pendulum and then back to a fixed sight. Now, I'm back to a pendulum and I love it for stand hunting from a tree at the higher heights.

Seems I always hit my deer much better with this type sight.