Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert1965

how to pimp a 6800 clam

2 posts in this topic

I have the usual gear. im just looking to make it more functional, and user friendly. most of the time I have just two people in it, so there's room to make it more comfortable.

Unlike a flip-over style, it can be tought to do a whole lot with a fold up cabin style. I've seen people attach outdoor carpeting to the floor, but I would be afraid of it holding moisture. You could also prewire lighing.

I've fished out of a 6800 many times and some simple things that I think are very practical include (not really mod's):

- couple pairs of the frabill double hooks that hang from the roof poles, gives you a place to hang stuff inside so it is not taking up valuable floor space (jacket, lantern, rod bags, etc)

- If towing by hand or sled/wheeler, making a rack with ski's to strap it onto can make it much easier to tow over snow covered lakes. Seen picture of someone that did this on one of the forums, they also build a box that sat on top to hold your stuff while towing.