Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Audit: Minn. DNR Misspent $300,000

1 post in this topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Best of wishes Bryce! You got this   buddy reporting absolutely bonkers action up in mid Saskatchewan right now. They're still a long ways away boys
    • Made it out again Saturday. The water had turned but the muskies didn't seem to mind. Found them in similar but different locations (baitfish seem to be patrolling the shallows searching for food). Stuck a small one myself and my brother got a nice 41.5" that was thickening up for fall. A lot of people dragging suckers, and buoys are starting to disappear from the lakes so be careful navigating.
    • Went out and grabbed a trail cam today that I left on a piece of public I haven't hunted before. Bucks showing up around that first 30 min of daylight in the last week or two. Rubs and scrapes are showing up everywhere.
    • A D.A. sander and 220 grit. Clean off with the cleaner after, now you just preped the boat for paint as well.
    • That's because you aren't bored sitting in a dorm room having a few beers thinking hey lets put some breast augmentation craap on a fishing forum and see what kind of replies we can get!
    • In my first post.....stressed REPUTABLE poll trackers. Trump twitters everyday about polls saying he is ahead. If you think he is right ....fine .....on topic.....give us your number line.
    • I have been looking at houses for the last five years.  Only thing close to what I want is a Yetti and still not totally sold on them.  Two reasons why i have not bought one,  quality and price.  I cannot justify $20k for one especially if its built with poor craftsmanship.  I will buy someday but I can still catch fish out of my portable.   I think you could get into the market if you can produce a quality product at a fair price.  A lot of good business advice here also.   Unless you have a pile of cash you can afford to lose,  start small and grow as business dictates.
    • That's not what the stories at the time said.  There was definitely a surprise factor there.  And note in the Washington post piece that only 3 of 10 polling organizations called the result within the margin of error.  So, nice try but incorrect. Here's why the majority of Brexit polls were wrong     Why were polls so wrong about Brexit?   Monday, 4 Jul 2016 | 12:17 AM ET | 01:54   It was a result that forced the ouster of the British Prime Minister, sent shockwaves across financial markets and raised doubts over the fate and composition of the European Union. Just how did experts get it this wrong? The U.K. EU referendum vote prompted a global massive market selloff as markets were priced in expecting a remain outcome. More than two trillion dollars were wiped out globally, the largest drop on record. Leading up to voting day, the vast majority of polls predicted the remain side would prevail, however the final results gave the leave side a victory margin of more than one million votes. According to SurveyMonkey's Chief Research Officer, Jon Cohen, young voter turnout and the death of Lawmaker Jo Cox are the likely largest factors in the discrepancy between polls and the final outcome. "The Remain campaign was heavily dependent on support among younger voters and they simply didn't show up," Cohen told CNBC. The murder of Cox in the days leading up to the vote, triggered new challenges in polling, even though it was difficult to determine how the tragedy would influence polling. "After the assassination, the Remain side became more vocal and were willing to share their opinions about Brexit than were leave voters," Cohen said. "It was a very difficult environment to gauge an opinion in." John MacDougall | AFP | Getty Images A poster featuring a Brexit vote ballot with 'out' tagged is on display at a book shop window. Yet many are wondering, how in an age of unprecedented information and data, could the majority of polls predict a wrong outcome. "The polls really showed a close-in contest until the very end," Cohen clarified. "But I think we still need to dig in on what happened in those final days to show such a strong movement for Remain that ultimately dissipated on election day." The inaccurate Brexit prediction is just one of multiple misses over recent years, including last year's U.K. general election, the Scottish referendum in 2014 and most recently during Bernie Sanders' upset over Hillary Clinton during the Michigan primary......   Here’s why pollsters and pundits got Brexit wrong By Chris Hanretty June 24
      A European Union flag, with a hole cut in the middle, flies at half-mast outside a home in Knutsford Cheshire, Britain. (Christopher Furlong/Getty Images) Late Thursday night, voters in the English city of Newcastle chose to remain in the European Union. Pollsters had predicted that voters there and elsewhere in Britain would have voted Remain by a considerable margin. In the end, Remain won by the tiniest of margins, taking 50.7 percent of the vote in Newcastle. Over the next six hours, results from across the United Kingdom showed that British voters were tearing up the script and starting again. Not only did they turn out to vote at higher rates than in any previous U.K.-wide referendum, they also voted to Leave at higher rates than most had predicted. In the end, almost 52 percent of voters chose to exit the European Union.   Before we move on to discussing the consequences of this shock vote, it’s important to think about what this says about our ability to predict, and render intelligible, referendums of this kind. There are four main points to make. First, we did not see this coming. For some weeks now, Stephen Fisher and Rosalind Shorrocks have been tracking referendum forecasts. They consider a wide range of sources, from forecasting models based on polls, to citizen forecasts, to betting markets. None of these methods saw a Leave outcome as the most likely outcome. Ordinary citizens came closest, putting the probability of ‘Brexit’ at 55.2 percent, closely followed by an average of polls at 55.6 percent. The least accurate forecasting method was to infer probabilities from betting markets. Fisher and Horrocks, on their morning of poll update, reported an implied probability of just 23 percent. Ninety minutes after the close of poll, this market-derived probability had fallen to just 11.3 percent. Second, this was not a systematic polling failure of the same magnitude as last year’s U.K. general election, where opinion polls badly underestimated the Conservatives’ chance of victory. There are very many ways to combine polls, but a simple average of the last poll released by each polling company predicts that Remain would get 51 percent, three percentage points off the final result. Three of 10 polling companies published final figures which were within the margin of error of the final result. Two of these companies conducted their polling online, and generally online polls — which had provided lower figures for Remain throughout the campaign — were more accurate. Although the polling industry would have preferred to have nailed it “on average,” they have not performed as badly as they did last year, and remain acutely aware of the potential ways in which their polls can fail.
    • BlackLundPro gets his 4th weekly win of the year this week. 3rd, 9th, 11th, and 19th place along with 5 qualifying points from Keselowski earned his team 319 points. Congrats BlackLundPro!   BlackLundPro - 319 Huckfin - 310 juneau4 - 288 Fishin-Novice - 282 Jar Jar - 239 88fan - 223 cat-man - 223 musky999 - 219 jwhjr - 217 mnwildman - 217 gregg52 - 205 fishing star - 204 yaggie - 190 Rip_Some_Lip - 189 Airjer - 149 SwivelDigger - 137 Moose - 11   Total Points 1  Fishin-Novice  9,068 2  musky999  8,903 3  gregg52  8,852 4  jwhjr  8,767 5  Rip_Some_Lip  8,702 6  mnwildman  8,648 7  88fan  8,607 8  BlackLundPro  8,546 9  yaggie   8,499 10  Huckfin  8,487 11  fishing star  8,400 12  SwivelDigger  8,357 13  juneau4  8,318 14  cat-man  8,308 15  Jar Jar  8,280 16  Airjer  8,195 17  Moose  6,783
    • Were the stories different?  Or just the headlines?   Sometimes stuff changes during a press run at any newspaper.  What was the date?  And who pointed it out?   Putin? 
  • Our Sponsors