• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp depth range

Does anybody know how deep carp will go? I was on Clearwater this weekend and was observing a abnormally large amount of fish on the graph...but they were down between 20-28' over a sunken island which topped out at 20'. Some hugging the bottom but most 4-6' off. Couldn't get anything to bite, but I didn't have any live bait(or corn) with me that day. I know there are major carp in the lake, but always figured they roamed the 12-13' weeds and less.

Thanks. I'm going to try to get out there with my camera tomorrow afternoon. Hope they might be hanging out there again. This spot has been historically awesome for bigger pike(8-10#common). Oh I forgot to note that this sunken rock-bottom island is approx 150 yards from the nearest shallow water.