• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

johnson Phantom 35 hp

JOHNBIGDOG

I have the above sled and was wondering if anyone else had one that is still running. I've had the sled for two years and it hasn't done anything bad yet. I recently purchased another Johnson Phantom 40(?)hp and used it for parts. What I noticed is that their was a tin on the gas tank that said to use Johnson rotary only 25:1 mix- Anyone own one of these beautiful sleds that can give me some insight. I run amsoil interceptor in a 25:1 ish range just a little less oil to reduce smoke. It seems to run fine and the apex seals still look good. Rebuilt the secondary clutch with parts from the two sleds, reverse works, neutral, elec. start and headlights all good, tachometer seems somewhat correct but bounces around a lot and the speedo definatly is off, you can creep along and your doin' 15 mph, sticks at 30mph. Any tricks to fix the speedo?

And where could I find A spark plug for it UP77-v, its a surface gap, and a regular plug will not work! It hits the apex seals.

Its a wonderful sled, just zooms along at 30mph forever. Was just wondering the best ways others have taken care of theirs. Seems allot of people had them but they blew up.