• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota 795 problem Any suggestions or solutions anyone???

Christopher Quast

Question

Here is my deal I bought this motor last fall and put it on my boat this spring when I got it done for opener and I couldn't get it to run it would just click in the board where the wires hook up under the metal cover on frame of motor mount.

So I called Minnkota and they told me I was SOL it was the relay and they didn't make them anymore for my motor So I got on the horn with my old man and with him if there's a will there's a way to fix it and I ended up by-passing that relay and hooking it up direct, so it still worked ,but only on high and I used it that way for opener and it was working good until I saw smoke rolling from the foot pedal and after that my left turn wouldn't work.

I ended up picking up a 765 from a buddy at school which I couldn't get to work at first until I called him and he informed me this motor was reverse polarity and I tried that and everything works great, But the problem is it is a little small for my boat and a few other things were better on my old one.

Here is my question finally I just thought I had to include this stuff to make my question make sense.

I was wondering if I wired my 795 back up the way it was intended and I hooked it up reverse polarity and I used my foot control that works good and try it that way since it is about the same age as the 765 and the foot control will plug into the 795 will I end up taking out my good foot control or do you think things will be just fine?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet