• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wayne County

stopped by belmont to check the ice, there were already a few groups of guys out. the ice is good. i fished lorain today. in front of the old beach. one of my buddies wanted to go. the ice was a good 10" or so. the walk was easy. drilled the first hole, dropped in the flasher, and marked fish. my buddy likes to use minnows with tip downs. he dropped one in, and before we had the 2nd hole drilled, one hit the tip down. he caught a real nice brownie. i knew the state stocked trout back in the 60's, they must have taken. we ended up with 2 nice trout, both on minnows, and released. i had to find the perch, and we ended up with a few keepers for a meal. the wind picked up, it started to snow, and the fish disappeared. i drilled a lot of holes but could only raise sniffers. not a bad day. 3 dot glow dropper, and a female beaverkill, #14 tied a foot above seemed the best comb..