• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

pinpoint

jeff127

Question

just wondering if anyone out there has ar has used a pipoint trollong motor/finder system. I have heard about the problems the autopilots have been having so I have ruled it out as my next trolling motor. I'm looking to the masses for some hands-on info and not a salesman looking for an eager buyer.

problems?......is it worth the huge $$$?.......plus's/miunus's

anybodys 2 cents would be appreciated.

jeff

3 answers to this question

I am also going to be purchasing a new pinpoint in a few days and would like to here what some people have to say about them. Has anyone used both the SX series and the 3000 series? Will the SX follow structure such as humps, points, and sharp breaks as well as the 3000 series? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have a 2001 model 3700 24V 60# 60" shaft on a 1800 pro v. how it works? the steeper the coutour you are following the better the steering/sonar system works. on very-very gradual slopes they get lost or wander. Fishing hands-feet free is great when you use that feature. The motors are extremely efficient. The bracket and shaft are ruggedly built. I like the depth and temp readout on the display. I find I don't use most of the features early in the season. bottom line-- it's a killer machine, but I'm sure I could be satisified with less.

I purchased a new boat this year with a Pinpoint system on it. It has the 3000 series on it. Overall I would have to say its pretty good. Id buy another one. But there are draw backs. In areas with without alot of depth change it seems to get lost and wander around. If its a better drop it works good. But on a flat area you wouldnt need the depth track anyway. I havent needed to use the creek and shore track yet. I fish with my wife and son alot and the motor keeps me on the structure when my hands are full.(e. taking off fish baiting hooks) This helps a ton. I also like the backtrack feature. Catch a few fish and hit the resume button 2 times and the motor spins the boat around and follows the contour back. You'll smile when other guys are bouncing from 5ft to 25ft and your staying right at the depth you want.