• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shimano Stella or Team Diawa Z 2500

ShadrapMan

Question

I am looking into buying a "Nice" 2nd Spinning reel. I currently have a Stella 2500F and want a 2nd that is as good or better. I don't know much about the New Team Diawa Z 2500CU, and would like input from anyone who has fished one, or better yet that has the Stella and the Diawa. Also any input on other Nice reels in the same class.

4 answers to this question

A "nice" 2nd reel? Wish I had your cash to spend!
I'd stick with the Stella. If it ain't broke.... don't fix it.

------------------
-FNC

"Hell froze over last week... glad I brought the Vex"

I compared the drag on the Stella to the Team Daiwa S 3500CU two years ago and I thought the drag on the Daiwa was better. I bought the Daiwa and I have fought 30# carp in the weeds and 20# sailfin catfish in Sarasota's salt water bay using this reel. The drag performed so well that my guide asked if he could use it whenever I opted to use one of my other rigs. Buy the Daiwa and save yourself a load of cash. I do not know anything about the Team Daiwa Z series, but the S series in only $185 and if the Z series is a higher quality reel than the S series it must be an exceptional reel. I own four Shimano reels and I love each one. In my opinion the single most important feature in a reel is it's ability to smoothly but firmly control a hard charging fish without tearing out the hook. I can't imagine anyone needing a better reel than the S series so save yourself some more cash and get an S instead of a Z. The Stella is a beautiful piece of art but I am a serious fisherman who can't afford to hang a piece of art on the wall. My reels must perform on the water or what's the point of owning it.