• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

YO-ZURI Hybrid fishing line, Anyone used it?

trouter

Question

I have a chance to buy a large quanity of YO-ZURI Hybrid fishing line for resale and I have never used it.Want to know if anyone uses it.I will have 4 to 80lb test for about $7.00 a spool.10 lb has 1450 yards.Please give me some info.

fish on!

5 answers to this question

I don't know anything about this line. Bass Pro does have it in thier catalog if you want to read up on it.Let me know what you
think.Thanks!

fish on!

------------------
Trouter

Its 50% mono 50% florocarbon.I have used it and it has less stretch than mono but more than flourocarbon.Hmmmm how'd they do that?!I spooled up the 8lb and 12lb and it seemed to perform OK but I can't say that I tested it fully.It must not be selling well because when it first came on the market a couple years ago it was a little spendy but has been steadily dropping in price.

I have never used it. I looked at it in the store the other day. When I look at line I like to compare diameters. Yo-Zuri Hybrid's 8lb & 6lb line have diameters of .011" and .010" respectively, where as Trilene XL and Vanish are .010" and .009". This means Hybrid 6lb is the same diameter of 8lb XL and Vanish. One other interesting note is that 4lb Vanish is .007" and 4lb XL is .008". This can tell you a little about the strenght of flourocarbon, not to mention it doesn't absorb water like mono. (It wouldn't be fair to compare super line diameters) Just something to think about.

I've used the 6,8,10, and 12# test lines. The ratings are very conservative as the 12# is probably closer to 15# test which is why the IFGA would not consider 12# Hybrid for a 12# line class record. I like this lines abrasion resistance and low stretch but it does retain memory and it will get brittle over extended use. I just switched to Iron Silk and it might be a better option. Time will tell.