• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lead Core

eyesonly

Replacing all my LC setups with new LC rods this year and Just have a few question. Do you guys feel there is ever a need to have your Leader Longer then the length of the rod ? Even in super clear water ? My Father uses 20 ft floro leaders on all his setups and I just cant see the point. do any of you use the knot tying tool thats out to tie your leader to your lc line and is there any benifit to use a knot over a small swivel. Thanks for any advice that can be given !

There is a benifit to longer leaders in clear water. Fish can become line shy and the longer, up to 50' leaders can and do help.

I personally use a small swivel to go from leadcore to leader. I believe that you have to have a swiven in there someplace or it will at times braid itself into one great big chunk of ugly.