• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish traps in the wind

Question

3 answers to this question

I have the trap voyager and love it. Here in west central mn it seemes like the wind never stops.Before you start make sure it is anchored and after that I have never had a problem.Use some snow or ice from the holes to hold down the flap (havent ripped mine yet even have chipped ice back off it with the chisel).It was a couple days ago but there is a forum on anchoring houses down I use the 2x2s

I have a fish trap guide and have never had a problem. I have had it in 20+ mph winds with nothing to anchor to on ice and it didn't move "much". You'll get wind under the flaps if there isn't enough snow but a lantern has been plenty to keep the holes from icing over.

I have a fish trap guide and have never had a problem. I have had it in 20+ mph winds with nothing to anchor to on ice and it didn't move "much". You'll get wind under the flaps if there isn't enough snow but a lantern has been plenty to keep the holes from icing over.