• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Forward Controls

Tinkhamtown

Has any one put forward controls or extender controls (shifting and braking) on a Harley Sportster? What are the pluses and minuses of doing this? Wife has a 2000 883 Harley Hugger Sportster that I want to put forward controls on so I can ride it. Wife has put this on hold after reading some negatives on the Internet. We are still thinking about it and want some comments from experienced persons that have done it. Thanks

Just Ride

Tink

I had a 2000 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 and the forward controls and foot pegs fit me just fine.

I have a 1990 springer that I put 3 inch extended controls on and i have noticed on long rides that my feet almost feel numb after riding a while . I am 6ft tall and on a softail I would not recomend them unless your at least 6'2 .

If you are going to go on rides by yourself and you are on the backroads or highway try hanging your heels on the back footpegs for just a different position . Also if you are out and about, check out other bikes and find the owner if they have something on their bikes that you like, ask if you can sit on it to try it out.

I've never had any problems with forward controls. This sportster I have now doesn't have em yet but will soon.

I took a little ride(40 miles) and my legs were a lot more sore than when I had my other bike w/forward controls.