Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

'Map Fix' to tweek my new LCX37C ?

1 post in this topic

Here's my QUESTION: How do you put the Lowrance GPS 'On the Money'? (w/LGC3000External HockeyPuck). Sonar shows I'm exactly on a sharp 18' breakline...yet GPS cursor indicates I'm still 60' away from it in 26'feet. Wazzup?? Do I tie to a dock and Max ZOOM in and use PAGE146 in the Lowrance manual to MAPFIX somehow or am I missin' sumpthin'?....Technically, is this a MagneticNorth vs TrueNorth issue or is this a typical Lakemaster chip issue I'm able to tweek somehow? Anyway...Wuzzup?? Locomotiveman

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I can't believe any one of these people were baiting but Fleet in Brainerd must have sold 3 pallets worth just today.  I'm sure there just doing it to help the herd get fat before the winter..
    • Iv'e patterned alot of different shells , cut them apart ect. I shoot an extended choke tube ALL the time, it's either a miss or dead, and the biggest thing is shoot them within 35 yards, in the decoys, let the fringe and passing birds go and it won't matter what shell your shooting, I shoot 2's all the time for ducks and geese, 3's if only ducks. I have found that the dimpled and imperfect shot still kills them dead if you shoot a tight choke and within 35 yards. Blindside patterend really good out of my gun with a Drake Killer choke tube and number 3's , killed geese really dead but not worth the money if your letting the birds get where they should be when calling the shot. I like the challenge of getting them feet down and seeing there rear end pucker when the blind doors open.
    • Seems to me that since we have to pay a fee to be able to use our ATV's on public/state land that there should be a way for Law Enforcement to find out who that tag belongs to.  They may not tell you, but they should be able to make contact with that person and at least do some investigating.  After all, if I got the tag off a truck driven by someone stealing stands they better check it out ..... truck or ATV it shouldn't matter.  Too bad people just don't leave other people's stuff alone.  What happened to respect for others...such a shame.
    • Lol go rake your yard lol ! 
    • Got a theory for you guys to try, last weekend and beyond this has been $. We set a real for sure decoy spread not wanting to fool any and set up about 250 yards away same field playing the wind and roosts from where they'd come. Highly pressured birds I'd guess. Previous hunt they were in 3-20 flocks and all wanted to flare us and did plenty, we did get 7 the three of us. So I convinced the guys to set blinds where they wanted but set a huge quiet spread a ways away and boy first flock of 8 were at 10 yards and 5 feet. The next batch we were done. They all flared the spread and came for this ridge, but didn't quite get there. Cut corn disced and chisel plowed isn't much food in it but they want it for now. If you have flare itis but landing same field it's hard to not have 1 guy in the spread but can have on the deck if you have the right situation. 
    • I do not understand how they missed it, which is me just being consciously naive. The fix was in from the conception of OC. The number is 85%. 85% of enrolled get some subsidy. Due to an overwhelming amount of catastrophic claims, it is crashing. The amount of old, sick and poor just blew up on the scene with the lifted preexisting conditions. 85% of 25 million.   
    • To be perfect honest we have the two worst candidates in the history of the country, I could stand to see a little more tasteless and scabby sewer level everything.
    • Hey thanks for asking, I have pics on my girl friend's phone. These two particular teas are easily identified with a simple google search... Ughhh that's not I like to roll though. Future posts will definitely have pics.    With the wintergreen tea.. AKA checkerberry, teaberry, or wintergreen berry, it grows in old red pine and white pine areas. It grows the best in any area you find blueberry plants. It is a small evergreen plant that doesn't grow off the ground too high. It has thick dark green leaves, usually 4 or 5 petals to a plant, red berries maybe one or two to a plant. These berries are edible, no sickness involved and they were a prized food for the anishinaabe people.    Swamp tea or Labrador tea doesn't have any look a likes either, the soft velvety under belly of the leaves is unmistakable when on the hunt for this tea IN it's element. This also is an evergreen. You'd be best searching around tamarack bogs, any high area in a tamarack bog holds the proper biome.   If you have any doubts, just plop a picture on this thread and we can compare notes. 
    • Being a new archery hunter, I would like the option to take a buck with my bow and also one with my gun.  I'm gunning for 3.5 or older, but would take a 2.5 year old with my bow if I could still fill a buck take with my long gun.   I do understand the pressure criticism though. Do other states have that many more bucks/deer?
    • Thanks Big Al
  • Our Sponsors