• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pro Tactics - Panfish Book - reviews please...

gspman

Has anyone read this book? If so, I'd like to have your review of it. Saw it in B&N today while I was loading up on Bird Dog and Fishing mags and it looks good and seems geared toward Northern Tier panfishermen (a few recognizable contributors & pics). But before I take the plunge I'd thought I'd see if someone has picked it up.

Have not had a chance to check it out-thanks for the heads up gspman. I will have to put it on the must buy list! Jason Durham occasionally pops in at the Park Rapids forum and has a wealth of fishing knowledge. This book is newly published and sounds like it will have some good info for those of us north of the mason-dixon line.

If anybody has read the book or if Jason is reading this, please give us a breakdown.

That book is one of the Pro-Tactics series of books that is in the process of being released. There are a few others out, and a few more to come as far as I know. Rob Kimm co-wrote the Pro-Tactics Muskies book and I think the Northern Pike book as well. There is a lot of very valuable information in them. Thanks for the heads up, I will probably pick up the panfish book next time I am at B&N. I have been looking for it for a while.

guys-

Thanks for the interest in the book. Not only was it challenging to get everything to come together, it was a lot of fun to do and highly rewarding once the work was complete.

The book is full-color, glossy pages and is formatted in a way that anyone can pick it up and enjoy the photos and simultaneously glean valuable angling insight from the text whether you are a novice or seasoned veteran.

There are nine chapters covering Bluegill, Crappie and Perch (even though perch aren't technically panfish). I examine each species regarding seasonal locations and presentations including ice fishing. There is, however, another book in the Pro Tactics series on Ice Fishing which I had the opportunity to put together as well. I've received a lot of positive feedback on both installments from anglers across the states and am confident you'll enjoy it too.