• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

statewide fishing contest

we have the state high school hockey tournaments, city leauge baseball...curling bonspiels....

how about somebody get duluth to take on st cloud in a fishing tourney...rochester goes against grand rapids...ely -vs- albert lea...your city competes...traveling teams...

a city by city...statewide fishing tourney...get the chambers of commerce involved...sponsors could be local bait shops...citys select there teams......have a league up and running by 2010 ........get the leauge of minnesota city involved... make it a 12 month event......

If the ball really gets rolling on this, I'm sure some of the Range cities would be interested in this. Very innovative idea to use fishing as a way to promote your own town/city. I'll be watching this thread closely. Lots of others I have talked to thought this was a good idea as well.

Great Idea--- With all the fishing leagues just in my area, I have been trying to put together a county tournament. I run a league and it's not hard getting a contact # from other leagues, its hard getting a reply. I can help with anything needed to put this together, But I think you would find it hard to get the Cities or the League of Minnesota Cities involved in this. Theres some other ways we can go, just need help doing it.

Feel Free to email: I would like to get something like this going also.

[email protected]

Or another option would be to have some sort of league..? Like have 6 dates set a year. If there are 12 cities/teams everyone fishes a pre-determined destination. Set a schedule and rotate the sites. If say Alexandria has a team and its decided Alexandria gets a June tourney you could even go so far as to let the "home" team determine the body of water and species? Just tossing out ideas....

Have to keep them under 15 boats for each event, otherwise you have to get a permit.

Here's our league in a Nutshell. 15 weekday events. 10 count towards your final standings. 4 Sat tournaments. Best 2 count towards your final standings. We open all our tournaments up to anybody that want to join us.

If we can get more "counties" or "Areas" to setup up some Sat. tournaments we can keep a total of all participating teams and you can fish any or all the tournaments you want/can and use your best(whatever #) for standings. End the year with a 5th Sat event, by fishing a lake fished during the year, drawn from a hat or someother fair way.

Just another idea i thought I would throw out.

Just to add- we score like this.

1 st place for and event - scores 100 pts.

2 nd place =95

3 rd place =90

and so on.

We do Multispecies with a pt system for length of fish.