• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hubs for Props

SimilarIsland

I now have three props for my girl and two hubs. Two of the props are 12.75 x 21 and look the same. The problem is that neither one of my hubs seem to fit in one of my 12.75 x 21's. It will slide all the way into the other two, but is about 3/4' shy of going all the way into the one. Is there another size that I need or do some just fit tight and I should force it the rest of the way? These are both the solid plastic hubs using "half" splines. I believe all three props are Mercury. The one may be a knockoff.

Thanks

Most hubs are brand specific. Usually they are not interchangable if the one is a knockoff. Many dealers sell the Turning point brand and in the past they will only work with Turning Point props, however they do offer a new prop/hub that works with the Mercury props. If you can figure out what brand the knockoff prop is you will probably have to purchase a hub that is the same brand. Can you post a picture of the prop?

No danger in changing them from prop to prop. How ever it wouldn't hurt to have a spare. They are designed to strip out if you hit something hard enough. We don't see it very often but it happens.

I have a few good used ones laying around. If you email me your shipping info I will blast one off to you.

[email protected]

Thanks again for all the help. My old boat was a 1976, so I'm not used to these new ones.

Jay, I appreciate the offer. I already have two hubs, so I think I should be set - now that I know they're all interchangeable.

One more question though --- What do the single letters (K, L, M, P) mean nest to the size? Are they some kind of a date stamp?