• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading out to Waubay Feb. 28. Any recent reports? With all of the rain, if we get some cold weather will we be able to drive trucks around? Thinking about pulling the big wheel house out. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rain has knocked a lot of the snow off. The only thing that is needed now is cold weather. You should be alright with a truck. But who's to say we won't get another foot of snow by then. I fished waubay the other day, didn't go out as far as I woulda liked. But I'm sure after a few cold nights you could get anywhere you wanted to go.

What about the walleyes on waubay? Have they also been tough to find? Where is this duerre slough...maybe if things are slow on Waubay we could head there for a day. We are just looking to catch some fish on our spring break trip. Any help is appreciated.

I was doing some research online trying to find this slough, and that was the conclusion I came to as well. It sounded like there were problems this fall with the lake and the land owner, plus a road block of some sort. I think we are going to stick to fising Waubay. Hopefully the fishing has picked up some, even if we dont catch fish it will still be a fun trip.

I was doing some research online trying to find this slough, and that was the conclusion I came to as well. It sounded like there were problems this fall with the lake and the land owner, plus a road block of some sort. I think we are going to stick to fising Waubay. Hopefully the fishing has picked up some, even if we dont catch fish it will still be a fun trip.
I haven't been in the Webster area at all this winter. My son and I may be headed that way tomorrow if things work out. Don't know where we will go in that area yet.

Doug at the Cove is a good friend of mine and I was just down there talking to him today. He mentioned one small lake that has picked up simply cuz guys have been able to get on it now. (maybe not anymore) He said one group did well for wallys on waubay but most didn't do anything and said that 1 out of 15 groups found fish on duerres. I try to be honest on here and tell guys that there has to be better bites than here. The bite isn't that great and may not be worth a 5 hour drive. Maybe they'll hammer them...hope they do.. but the bite is not real productive.

Good luck to all others who do decide to venture here. Maybe the bite will pick up. Call doug at the sportsmans..he is very honest.

ps lots of snow..probably going to add up to a foot or so and high winds with drifting. Will make access tough for a little while.

I wish i was resident of SD. Cant beat the pheasant hunting they provide out there. Any reports on Bitter? Would that be easier to access than Waubay or is the snow just too much everywhere? Sorry to keep asking the same questions but I was really looking forward to this spring break trip and now it might end up being a bust because of all the snow.

I wish i was resident of SD. Cant beat the pheasant hunting they provide out there. Any reports on Bitter? Would that be easier to access than Waubay or is the snow just too much everywhere? Sorry to keep asking the same questions but I was really looking forward to this spring break trip and now it might end up being a bust because of all the snow.
Every thing was looking good as far as getting around on the ice as of yesterday and today we got a bunch of new snow and it is snowing and blowing at this time. Maybe someone will know more tomorrow.

Agronomist, What were the lakes like snow wise after our storm last week? I talked to some poeple that said that getting on the lakes was tough and the snow didn't blow off of the ice. I kind of figured that a thirty mph wind would keep the lakes fairly clear. Did ya get into some nice Crappies on Pickerel?

Quote:
Agronomist, What were the lakes like snow wise after our storm last week? I talked to some poeple that said that getting on the lakes was tough and the snow didn't blow off of the ice. I kind of figured that a thirty mph wind would keep the lakes fairly clear. Did ya get into some nice Crappies on Pickerel?

Was about 8in-12in on the lakes, once your on the lake with a 4x4 pickup it wasn't a problem gettig around.