• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sax Zim Bog rib fest ?

Jim Almquist

I have 3 rib cages from this weekend in the freezer and I was wondering how many more we would like to have ? I am sure that some of the guys I work with might be able to supply me with a few more if more are needed but I will run out of freezer space soon.

Jim, no real "final" date of any sort has been set or talked about as of yet but after deer season would probably be a good bet for a get together but then again that's just me....There hasn't been any discussion for it as of yet as far as I know....I'm sure once everyone has deer hunting out of the way we'll arrive at a more set time... Just that alot of the birding areas and roads that are now filled with vehicles and deer hunters.....I really have no plans on setting out any ribs until after the season is over since some of the favored areas were within site of deer stands and shooting lanes,certainly don't want to interfere with the deer hunters grin...I also have a few guys contributing a few rib cages...but nothing wrong with a few more for sure ....the weather's pretty cold and the guys will hang on to them till after deer season ....they've been storeing them in sheds or cold garages so no reason to take up freezer space....as long as the weather remains cold......I'm thinking the Thanksgiving long weekend would probably be the first "open" weekend for getting out there with the ribs...I have 4 days off( not going out Thursday Thanksgiving of course) and certainly will be available that Friday, Saturday or Sunday....Anyone want to chime in here grin.....one way or another I will be placing out the ribs those days grin...