• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jon-E hand warmers?

Blaine

Anyone ever use them before? I just picked mine up and have been "familiarizing" myself with it for most of the morning. Wow, they are WARM! I am concerned with the smell that the fluid leaves on my hands though... Has this been a problem for anyone out there?

I have 2 of them for the wife and I . They don't seem to leave any smell on your hand as long as you are carefull when you will them . They definately get hot. the only problem I have with them is the will go out if you do not leave enough oxygen to get to them . So if you close up the little red bag and put it in your jacket pocket and close that up it will not stay lit long . best to leave the red bag open and leave out of pocket or leave pocket open.

Thanks! I've already found that I can't leave it in the red pouch for too long. I plan to use them inside my hand muff. I thought that I was very careful when I filled it but I guess it's possible that I leaked a bit.... I can't wait to use it this winter, it sure will take the edge off on those windy nights while walleye fishing grin.gifgrin.gif

OK... As a new owner of a Jon-E, I have a stupid question...

Does the fluid evaporate quickly when not in use or does it burn off that fast? I wanted to play around with it a bit this morning and it was bone dry. I suspect it's due to evaporation but wanted to hear it from the Pros

What appears to happen is that the fluid does not soak up quickly so it appears to be overfull when it has not soaked up much. What I used to do is to fill it in the evening & just let it set. Next am just top off & shake off the excess. Then light per direction & it usually would put out heat for about 6 hours.

I can't believe I have never heard of one of these things before!! One of the guys in deer camp had one, and you are not kidding me, they get HOT!! If you don't have it in the little bag, you can't touch it! He said it was his dads and was probably 30+ years old!

I don't know if I'll need one ice fishing but I'll definitely be getting one for next hunting season! Once again, fellow FMers have turned me on to a great product. Thanks guys!

Quote:

I have 2 of them for the wife and I . They don't seem to leave any smell on your hand as long as you are carefull when you will them . They definately get hot. the only problem I have with them is the will go out if you do not leave enough oxygen to get to them . So if you close up the little red bag and put it in your jacket pocket and close that up it will not stay lit long . best to leave the red bag open and leave out of pocket or leave pocket open.

I've got one as well and everytime I've put trust in it, the thing goes out.....if you leave it out of the red pouch it comes with- you burn your d$mn hand! How do you keep it working and have it safely tucked in the pouch?

I too have put it in the red bag, pulled the pouch tight- only to have the darn thing go out and not heat?!?!?

What must we be doing wrong?!?!? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Mine also will go out if I don't let it "breath". Instead of keeping in the pouch in my pocket, I bought a hand muff and leave it in there...

muff.jpg

The air flow is much better and it stays lit without any problems. I have used it several times over the last month while fishing in damp, raw weather and it has made the difference between a good day of fishing and going home early grin.gif