• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Loons! (pics)

jonny_redhorse

the birds are back by the thousands!...lake was full of different species this morning!....loons were somewhat accomodating and let me get a few images as they passed about 75 feet from shore....sun was almose directly overhead and tough on the lighting situation!....

Frame_DSCN1616-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN1614-3copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN1610-2copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN1599-1copy.jpg

Johnny you must have been down at Carey Lake this morning, I just came back a little while ago. That loon was bathing and going nuts splashing all over when I was down there. I was on the beach chasing that sand piper around, the loon was down by the fishing pier so I d'dn't even attempt any pictures.

I sure was Jay!....I managed a few decent images of that "piper" but I'm leaning toward a "Greater Yellow Legs"...these are quite tough to positively ID also!....they look so much alike!...I'll be posting a few images later today.....sure were alot of birds at Carey this morning! grin.gif....I just may not be going to the "bog" till this fall! grin.gif