• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trapping deer in MN TB zone

I'm not sure how crazy of an idea this is, as I have zero experience trapping, but why are the MN DNR not trapping or snaring deer in the MN TB zone? I've read CO reports of illegal snares entangling deer, so it must be possible. Is it not an efficient means? Too many other animals trapped? Politics?

Snaring is almost as effective as poison and won't be used for the same reasons. Its all political. It will be impossible to kill even a majority of deer by conventional hunting methods. Even with unconventional methods like helicopters--spotlights and baiting nobody is going to completely remove those deer.

Deer and Brown Norway rats have this in common--given the proper habitat--no control method is going to be 100% effective.