• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris X2 License Plate Mount

JMo

I just bought a Polaris Sportsman 500 X2. I was wondering if anyone else has the X2 and if so where did you mount the license plate. I couldn't find a good place to mount it and I don't want it to get in the way of the dump box. Thanks for your help.

after looking at the 360 degree view of an '08, you can either mount it on the frame just under the top shock mounts (drilling/riveting required) or from the same view if you don't mind screwing into the tailgate, a couple self threading screws would mount it nicely to the left of the tailgate latch.

Titelines has an X2 so hopefully he will see this and post. I don't recall where he has his plate mounted.

I got the plate kit from Polaris with the holes already in the plate.

I bought some stronger plastic zip ties at the hardware store as I found the ones in the plate kit to be kind of weak.

I found a spot under the dump box to run the zip ties around the frame and secured it that way. It's tucked under, right in the center of the machine and doesn't interfere with anything. Sorry I don't have any pictures or better references than that. I found the zip ties to work best instead of drilling.

Hope this helps.