• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

catting thru the ice

SlabSlayKid

so now that walleye and northern is closed i still wanno go out after some big fish. thought i'd go up to a favorite cat fish hole. anybody had any luck in metro though before i make the long haul. if not im heading out to the horse-shoe chain by eden valley. think i'll giv it a shot regardless. better chances than sitting at home grin.gif. let me know wut u've heard. anything would help.

if it Hits the Bait, it Hits the Plate!

The chain lake is probably your best bet cedar island has a good population of the cats, as does horseshoe, finding them can be problem, especially if you don't know the lakes. One thing you have to look out for if you go to horseshoe is the meth hole. (methane gas), it keeps the water open year round, or at best 2-3 in of ice, but that is very rare it freezes over. It's about the size of a pickup truck. If you go to the Cool cats 2008 link under get togethers on this site it has a pretty good map.

Flaco651,

I know I seen you out there last Sat... You had a Moore's hat on? I was suprized grin.gif. I seen the images in the Cool Cats thread and then I knew it was you that was out on the chain last weekend.

Cool, I never figured you as an ice man.

I have two baits in mind for my next encounter of the chain and Dtro exposed one of them.

LOL…

Good night, got to get my sleep this time of year, god knows I suffer during the summer.