• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blue Heron

I just noticed he has something wrong with his wing. I've been messing with editing. This is the best I could do so far. I was just tickled how he stood straight up.

Are you sizing it yourself before posting it to photobucket? That's the best way. You can size photos to about 700 or 800 pixels on the longest side, and when you upload them the stay that size. For some reason, people sometimes run into trouble when allowing their online galleries to size the images for them.

Originally Posted By: stfcatfish
There, that one came out bigger! Looks like you're putting that 75-300 to good use! grin.gifgrin.gif

Yes I am! The day after I got it, it was my husbands birthday so we rented a pontoon boat and took our boys, and went down the river. 6 hours later and over 300+ pictures I was burnt and ready to go home. I also have a myspace page just for my pictures.

DeeDee, the reason I asked is because I don't know whether your camera is set to a lower resolution or Photobucket is automatically sizing down your images.

If you're sure the XT is set to the large jpeg setting, then it's obviously Photobucket sizing your images down. But you can check that by selecting the menu on the back of the camera, then quality, then the highest res large jpeg setting, which on the XT is the jpeg on the upper left hand corner of the series of choices.

Capturing images with this setting ensures you'll be able to make full-sized prints. If you've selected any other (lower res) jpeg setting you've compromised your ability to make good large prints. The only other setting that offers potentially better quality is RAW, and I doubt you want to fool with the additional time and post processing work of RAW at this point.

Thank you Dbl

steve - I just checked my camera and it was set right where you said to put it. I'm about 98% sure I didnt resize it. I guess I'll find out on the next one.