• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My son has a hockey tourney up there that weekend and it dawned on me that maybe I should check into fishing a little. Plenty of downtime between hockey games.

I was wondering what opps there might be that time of the year up there???

I have never been to the area at all, but looking forward to it. And if fishing is an option, well then maybe it will be even better.

Had the same situation a few weeks ago. Went out by the light house in about 26 fow and set up away from everybody else. Used jigging spoons tipped with shiners and tip-ups about a foot off the bottom. Caught a couple salmon, three walleyes, and a smallie. Sure beat sitting in the hotel room staring at the t.v. Made a few of the other hockey dads jealous, too.

Big Lake

Honker pretty summed it up pretty well. In that time period, fishing should be picking up a bit too.. Anywhere in the lighthouse area (out from Ashland) should be good. I typically stay in 25 to 30 FOW, shallower about half way out to the lighthouse and deeper just past the lighthouse. Basically, just a tapering basin area, where fish roam throughout. Splake, browns, coho, whitefish, herring, burbot, smelt, pike, bass, sturgeon, and an occasional lake trout or steelhead all can be caught in this area.