• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mazatlan Marlin Fishing

loejay

From what I have been told and seen, the Stripeds are in the Mazatlan area from mid to later Feb. The guides told me if I ever wanted to catch the blacks and blues, to come in late April and may. I have always caught sailfish startring in feb.

Those months sound pretty early to me Harvey, I was gonna suggest June thru Oct for sails and blues/blacks, then as the water cools, Dec-feb or so for stripers. The mazatlan billfish classic is in mid-Nov and that coincides with the warm water blue/black season in Cabo. I've only been to maz in late feb/early march (although quite a few times) and it's a fair chance at a striper, maybe some tuna then. This year it's reeeealy slow right now. Usually the water is cold in winter, which favors stripers, I'm surprised you've caught sails in feb as I've never seen any then, although i have seen a couple swordfish. Couldn't get em' to bite, of course...