• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Market price of a polaris 450 sportsman

jigginjim

My dad has a 2006, polaris 450 sportsman. It can switch from 2wheel to 4wheel drive. Dads 73 purchased it new. It only has 25 miles, used to rider to deer stand and to his farm. What would be a good price if we would sell?

We looked at a used 2002 Sportsman 500 that was priced at $4295.

MSRP for a new 2007 Sportsman 450 is around $6200. We also looked at a 2007 Sportsman 5000 that was priced at $6000 at a dealer. I think for so little miles $3500 is too low

I hope you're right because only 25 miles....He really lost alot of money for only putting on 25 miles. The problem is that there isn't a warranty left. Wouldn't bother me, but some people are wierd about warranty.

considering you can purchase a non-current SP 500 w/EFI for $5500, I would have to say that a SP450 w/only 25 miles would bring $4300-4500 from the right buyer. Any dealership that had that machine would ask that much if not more. But that's a dealership and not everyone is keen enough to know exact values.

My neighbors have, or had a 2000 SP500 (pre-H.O.) and they were asking $3700 with only 370 miles on it. This machine was in mint condition and taken care of. I'm not sure if they sold it yet.

If I was to use the wheeler it would have about 2000 miles on it from ice fishing. Dad needed it as his legs would give out if he walked to far. He did use it a couple times to fish Norway lake.

Dad past away after thanksgiving, I want to buy it from mom. And know that I am giving her what the machine would get if advertized. She deserves the money for all the things mom has done.

Originally Posted By: jigginjim
She deserves the money for all the things mom has done.

jigginjim,

your a good man. I commend you for looking up to your mother the way you do. Sorry to hear about your fathers passing.

My dad traded his SP400 for a Rhino because he's having hip problems and could probably use a hip replacement.