• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund 14 ft mod questions

Tullibee

VMS...

I did consider mounting the aluminum angle the other way, but could not get under it to get the screws in. The other reason, is that by mounting it the way I did, the screws are about 1/2" down from the top of the angle and there is an inch of metal before the angle and the plywood on top of that. If mounted the other way, if you put a lot of weight right at the angle it could bend down and pull the screws out easier. This was a stronger connection and ultimately worked better for me. I wasn't going for looks so much as function.

Half of the foam from that particular seat is still under it, I cut it in half and replaced it. I have plans to finish it up, but finding the time and money to do what I want is my biggest problem.

Originally Posted By: Grant
when I do mine as had been discussed earlier, I'm going to cut to fit as much of the foam as I can fit under the floor.

that and probably add a little foredeck with the rest of the foam under it.... between the space under the floor, with some creative foam carving, and the roughly pyramid shape in front of the forward bench, I should be able to relocate most if not all of the foam I remove from the center bench, as well as some other mods I end up doing. I've measured on mine the front bench is just big enough to take the 6 gal gas can, and the left side of the rear bench should be just large enough to mount the batt inside of it. this should keep as much junk as possible off the floor...

now where to put the pedestal mounted potato cannon? \:D

Great idea for storing the rods. I've replaced the seats on my 16' Lund and placed 12" side boards running between the rear and middle seats. If I copy your rod storage idea, the rods will also be protected by the side boards.

To finish the project off however, I need to find edge trim for the seats and side boards. Does anyone know where to purchase 5/8ths" edge trim". Originally, I used the foam pipe insulation, which looked nice and did provide some cushioning against banging a shin on the edges...but the stuff just doesn't hold up in the weather. Thanks for your help.