• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for joke

bigpike

I remember seeing a joke on this site about a man who doesn't fish....i don't remember how it goes, but it basically was used to prove to the wives that fishing is good......does anybody have this? I tried searching but came up with nothing....yes, I know this is a weird question, but help me out anyway if you can.

I believe you're talking about "Fishing is good". The cartoon where the "hunter" -fisherman was catching deer?
Somebody must know the link...

I don't have time now but it's probably the one about the guy who brings the bum home for a meal and asks him if he fishes, drinks, smokes, etc. and when he say's no the dude turns to his wife and say's something to the tune of see what would happen to me if I didn't do all those things? I just saw it a couple day's ago on here. Good Luck.

B-bear posted this one:

A bum, who obviously has seen more than his share of hard times, approaches a well-dressed gentleman on the street.

"Hey,Buddy,can you spare two dollars?"

The well-dressed gentleman responds,"You are not going to spend it on liquor are you?"

"No,sir,I don't drink," retorts the bum.

"You are not going to throw it away on some fishing gear,are you?" asks the gentleman.

"No way,I don't fish," answers the bum.

"You wouldn't waste the money on a bird lease would you?" asks the man.

"Never," says the bum, "I don't hunt."

The man asks the bum if he would like to come home with him for a home cooked meal. The bum accepts eagerly. While they're heading for the man's house,the bum's curiosity gets the better of him.

"Isn't your wife going to be angry when she sees a guy like me at your table?"

"Probably," says the man,"but it will be worth it. I want her to see what happens to a guy who doesn't drink, fish or hunt."