• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No Bones

westb

Just wanted to give a little heads up to all the people who feed their dogs any kind of bones. Two weeks ago I went out fishing at three thirty in the afternoon and when I got home at seven thirty my four year old lab was dead. I brought her to the vet the next day and he did an autopsy and told me that she died from complications of trying to digest deer bones. I had thrown a deer carcess out in the yard after deer hunting for my dogs to chew on like I do every year and appently she had some splinter and tear up her digestive tract. She then developed pancreites which caused her lungs to fill with blood. The vet said that this can happen with any kind of bones and said that no bones of any kind should be fed to a dog. Hope this helps somebody from making the same mistake I made. She was a great hunter and our best friend.