• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crappie ice fishing for first time

okstate

Check out the "What's Working Now Ice 07-08" topic. A lot of good info in there as well...

For me, I'm using a lot of plastics... Custom Jigs and Spins Ratsos, Berkley 2-inch Power Minnows, and Little-Atom Nuggies. The key is to stay mobile and move until you find active fish. Presentation sometimes doesn't matter as long as you find a pod of fish that want to eat.

hey matt thanks for responding.

im gonna try some of the ratsos and the nuggies.

also I want to thank you guys at thorne brothers for the walleye special rod. it is awesome. I picked one up just after thanksgiving for me and one for my brother in law. he likes his also.

you might not remember me but im the golf pro who moved here from indiana.

maybe we can get together and try to conquer some fish sometime.

good memory.

im actually at the lake right now. sitting in the fish house. caught one walleye this morning.

I might try some hole hopping a little later today and try to catch some crappies. however it is a little cold and windy today. so I might not. the fish house is mighty warm but dead after 10 o'clock. so I try to hole hop in between the morning bite and evening bite.

Originally Posted By: okstate
just curious what are the hot baits right now. some of the topics on this subject are several weeks old.

I did real well last night with a tiny jig (1/100 oz) tipped with a lime green Gulp maggot. Not sure if this is the "hot" bait right now, but it worked real well for me.