• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Tip Bobers

Povern

Hi, Somewhat new to this forum, but have been lurking for about 3 months.

I'm looking at trying a spring tip bober.

How are they used?
Do they have to be permenatly attached to the rod?
what do you look for when using them?

------------------
Povern

Povern
The spring bobber attaches to the end of your rod you string the line through the guide on the end of the spring. Then when you get a light biting fish it will pull the sensitive spring down, where your rod tip wouldn't detect the bite. Some come with a clip that snaps on the end of your rod, so you don't have to attach it permanantly.

Good Luck, Lucky

You can make your own cheaper and better than you can buy. Head on down to the local hobby store buy some piano (spring) wire and a pkg of beads with a pre-drilled hole. Form a loop on the end and tuck the end into the bead. Tape the your new bobber to your rod and you are good to go. Maybe 3 cents each. Vary the diameter of the wire to fit your quarry.

------------------
IceNutt

I take an 8"piece o9f 20lb mono and fold it in half.I then take some crazy flue and glue the the linr together,leaving about a 1/4 in hole at the end so that you can fit your jigs through.Take the tip off your rod and slip a small(1/8") piece of silicone tubing over the end of the rod.Install the rod tip and slide you spring bobber under the silicone tubing.In this manner you can adjust the sensitivity by pulling more spring bobber out or shorting it up.Ice Slabs