• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to go this weekend??

cluelessfisherman

Ok, help me out folks. Where do I want to go fishing tomorrow?? It's between Winnie and URL. This is the last weekend for me to get eyes and pike as I will be in NYC on closing weekend. So, I have the dilemma of deciding if I should go to Winnie and load up on perch and maybe an eye and pike on the side, or URL and attempt some slab fishing, have fun releasing eye after eye and possibly get a real gator!

Keep in mind the cold and wind tomorrow - what would be my best bet?

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND!!

------------------
Clueless - -

I am having the same problem. I know that we are going to go to winni on sunday, but I am still debating if we should give url a try on sat or just stick with winni two days in a row. oh well, either way its going to be good weekend.

Or you could always make a road trip to the FM.com gathering at Burntside near Ely for lakers. You can even use walleye gear like jigging lures and spoons. In fact, jigging Raps are among the hot laker baits.

Check out the BWCA-Duluth board for details.

Thanks for the replies guys. Judd has it right - it is a brain buster when you live up here - you never know where to fish!!! I don't have quite as many lakes under my belt as him this year, but have tried about 14 already. (with very minimal luck!)

I only have Saturday for a trip to one of the lakes as my dad wants to fish Sunday with me and he won't be home till about 2:30, so that limits the time - will probably just end up on Bemidji and try for a few perch and eyes Sunday night.

I have a friend taging along with her family, so I will have to turn down your offer Judd. But if you want to head out Sunday morning/early afternoon, I will tag along.

The laker fishing sounds like a lot of fun as well, but again, am limited with the other folks wanting slabs/pike or eyes\perch.

See what I mean - too many decisions up here!! LOL

I'm leaning toward URL, but wonder if the weather will turn the fish off?

Anyone else hitting either of the two lakes tomorrow?

------------------
Clueless - -

You guys really disgust me with these "so-called" problem decisions!!!!lol

You guys have it made up there!
Kind of glad I live in the extreme SE corner of the state. If I lived up there, I would be out everyday. IN turn, not keeping a job very long!
On that note, any employment opportunities up there for a counselor?!!!!lol

Keep the rods bendin'!!!!

Jim W

No Jim W we dont have it made! You dont know how many headaches I have had this winter trying to figure out which lake I want to fish! What do I want to fish for today? Then I gotta pick from a list of lakes that have that species in massive quantities smile.gif I've fished 31 lakes this winter and lots are left on my list so I better get busy!

Clueless I am thinking about spending the day fishing tomorrow around the bemidji area let me know if you would rather do that instead of hitting the big lakes. I was thinking of starting after the perch and then chasin crappies and finish up catching bluegills and pike in the afternoon.

~juddfish

I think Fish Toys has a good answer. If you have the time why not fish both. Crappies out on Red and Perch/walleye out on Winnie. Sounds like a fun weekend to me.

Good Fishin, Matt.