• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how do

fisher

How do beeper collars work? I looking at the upland hunter 1850 from sporting dog. I do not get the beeper part is this some thing I need for my lad? I do a lot of grouse hunting but he stays close well 20 yards.

I do think the beeper is cool can some one tell me what its used for even if I do not need one.

I am also looking for a training collar is what one have you used?

thanks

Jeff Krop

I have a DT Systems Collar for my Britt. It has both the beeper and shock all together. The Beeper portion is sort of like a bell. Every so often a tone or beep is emmitted so you can keep track of your dog. When the beep becomes steady or continuous, the dog is on point. I can also set mine so I only get a tone when the dog is on point. I really like my collar. My Britt is almost a year old now, and I got a heck of a deal on the collar, but I liked the idea of keeping track of him, he is my first hunting dog and my daughters best bud. As the season wore on I found I used the beeper portion less and less, unless I was in very tall thick stuff and was having a hard time keeping track of him. Hope this helps.