• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bump on dog's nose

Lip_Ripper Guy

My 2 1/2 year old lab picked up 2 bumps in the last week or so . 1 is on her nose, the other is on her head. They are about the size of a quarter in diameter, and maybe 1/2" tall. They have not lost any hair. They feel like they may be filled with a fluid or blood of some sort. The last hunting trip I had her on was Nov. 15th-18th in South Dakota. Could it maybe be from hitting a fence or a thistle or something? There is nothing visible as far as a cut or puncture.

I just thought I'd post a follow up for everyone.

I took my dog to the vet and it looks like it may be blastomycosis. The 2 bumps were filled with blood and a substantial infection. At this time the infection hasn't spread to the rest of her body. The vet sent out bloodwork today and we should have a full diagnosis at the end of the week.