• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A bad day on the ice "revisited"

Wables

About 2 weeks ago I posted a message about a terrible day on the ice I had in which I blew the clutch on my 10", 2 hp, 2 blade Strikemaster. I contacted them first thing Friday morning and told them of my problem. I had a prepaid return sticker in my mailbox the following Tuesday (1 1/2 weeks ago), powerhead shipped out Wednesday, and today I had a box from Strikemaster with an apparently new powerhead. In total it was 14 days from blown clutch to new powerhead. Not too bad considering I live in Michigan, and Strikemaster is in Minnesota. While I would have waited an extra day to get my old one back with a new clutch, I can't knock the service. My old engine ran like a top, and I hope this one runs as well. Thank you Strikemaster!

------------------
Wables

I second that notion!

I live 10 minutes from Strikemaster and when I bought my Lazer Mag II, I remember having a problem with the clutch also. Because I live so close to them, I drove over there and the shop manager looked at my power unit. He walked away and came back with a new one and installed it on the auger.
He said it's better business to replace the unit than try to repeatedly attempt to fix one. "Sometimes 'lemons' just happen", he told me. And hew gave me a set of blades for $13. (they're $23 in stores)...great people.

Yep, Strikemaster is tops. You may have heard about our problem with an Un-Named store that wouldn't let us return it because they didn't want to deal with it. Well if it wasn't for Strikemaster taking very good care of us we would still have an auger that wasn't right. We've had a Strikemaster Mag III for over 10 years and never had a problem and just wanted to upgrade.

------

Fishn'Lady

I have known the owners of strikemaster since I was about 5 yrs old and played hockey with 2 of his sons. A more decent and reputable person you will never find. It does not suprise me a bit how he runs his business. I use a strikemaster 10" auger myself and love it!

Bought a new lazer mag last year, I had it leaning against the work bench last fall will I was getting it ready for the up coming ice fishing season. I steped away to grab a plug socket and it slid down the bench and landed on the handle, shattering the handle and choke lever.I brought the auger to strikemaster and told what had happened,I was ready to leave the auger but the tech said I can do it while you wait. Twenty minutes later he returned with the auger, he replaced the tank,handle and choke lever and filled it with fresh gas.I took my wallet out and was standing there waiting for the charges when the tech says " there is no charge we will call this warranty, the handle should have never broke." I was really happy about this I thought the bill would be around 75.00. I then told the tech I will never buy an auger from another manufacure and they had a customer for life. They are great people to work with.

I love my Strikemaster. To date it is the longest running piece of ice fishing equipment I've owned. I've had it for over 12 years and it runs like a top!

One question though, my agar has a flat handle so you can lay it down without falling over. A friend of mine bought a newer model (roughly 5 years ago) and the handle is circular so he cannot set it down. I haven't looked at the newer models since, but why would they do something stupid like that? It makes no sense to me...maybe they have changed now, but I really thought that was dumb. Anyone know the reason behind this?

------------------
Tonka Boy

I too have had great luck with Strikemaster. Last year I was fed up with my auger not "biting" into the ice. I would have to put all my weight on the unit to even get it to bite into the ice...even with brand new blades. I'd had the auger for over 2 years at that point, and the problem just got progressively worse. I emailed Strikemaster and they told me to send it in. Since it was out of warranty I figured they'd send me the unit back with some shims under the blades, or maybe a new drill unit and a hefty bill....Nope, they sent me a new unit(which was an new model), and didn't charge me a dime.
If a company values me that much as a customer, I'd be an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly to buy from anyone else. Hats off to Strikemaster.