• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pup in heat?

MNpurple

Hey guys, rookie pup owner. I have a 10 month old black lab female and am wondering if she is going into heat. She seems the right age or even a little old. She has started urinating very frequently (4 times on an hour walk) and she suddenly cant hold it over 4 hours in her outdoor kennel. I have noticed a creamy discharge but not bloody like what I have read says. I have read that urination increases which is why I am wondering. The last thing is that she has a slight odor to her lately.

What do you think, if it isnt heat then the frequent urination has me concerned. Other than what I have mentioned she is no different, full of energy, good apetite, and her normal self.

i'm no expert on this!!, but have owned a number of pups.

could be a urinary infection. don't wait too long as if the urine is creamy (pus) and smells it could be advanced and cause some damage. you could take a sample when she urinates and take to vet for tests. just hold container in line to catch when she goes. most don't seem to mind. remember i'm no expert and could be barking up the wrong tree. i've had dogs with urinary infections.