• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problem with Sportsman werehouse Dog vest

BeerHunter

I purchased this for my 10 year old lab because it had the floats. The bottom has a protective plastic, and it looks to have rubbed on his arm pits and make them verry sensative. Almost like they were cutting him

Has anyone had this problem with this vest?

Most everyone that has this vest has the same problem. Avery makes the same vest and I bought one years ago... quit using it because of the same issue. 2 of my buddies bought the same vest the following year... they had the same problem... then we found out you can trim the arm holes to whatever size works. We cut them a couple inches longer around the arm pit area and 'wha-la!', no more problems! Just take a Sharpie marker, mark out where you need to trim it to when it's on the dog, take it off and use a very sharp utility knife and trim it to the right size hole.

Good Luck!

Ken

beerhunter, nice to see another cold spring resident involved in these forums. by the way nice screen name. apprpiate for the city of residents. maybe meet at a local watering hole for a refreshment some day?