• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wart on top of dogs paw?/??

BeerHunter

My ten year old lab has grown a wart over the last year on the top of his right paw. It seems to annoy him since he is alway licking it.

THe wart is about the size of a pencil eraser but it sticks out torwards the front of his foot. It looks kind of gross and when i touch it he seems to not like it.

Has anyone had this happen with there dogs, did it tear open when hunting? Should it be removed?

ANything would help.

here is a picture of my boys

DSC00684.jpg

As they get old, they will get warts and also fatty tumors. Neither are harmful to the dog, per se'. You can have them removed fairly inexpesively if they bother the dog. I guess in the case of them getting one on the top of their foot, I would have the vet remove it to lessen the chance of it splitting open while hunting.

Good Luck!

Ken