• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jumping carp

DeanoB

posted in the Roch forum also. On Saturday, musta seen 30 different carp jumping around the shorelines during the day. Are they eating, or are they the invasive ones? what would make these biggins explode through the surface? I want to get hooked up with one on the fly rod, so what big ol bug could a guy throw out and hope to get one? Assuming they are eating.

common carp do this alot. I see them doing this pretty often, but it doesn't always mean they are easy to catch. Fly fishing for them is worth a try, especially if you can determine what it is they are eating. I have seen them take dry flies during this type of activity. I have wondered if they are dislodging insects from the weeds or bottom and feasting on them throught the column?