• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappies

I was out fishing on a north metro lake tonight and i was casting a jig under floating docks and catching small sunnies and crappies, they were all very pale which is normal on the lake because of how murkey it is. Then as i lifted a crappie out of the water i was suprised to see a very dark black crappie. It looked like a crappie that had been spawning or somthing because it was so dark, but my question is: would crappies spawn this late in the year or why was this crappie so dark? Any thoughts would be great.

It is possible that you got a left over spawinig Crappie. There can be multiple spawn's if conditions are favorable.

Another factor might be that you got a fish that has been hanging out in deeper water but came in shallow to feed.

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold