• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gander Moutain crappie Contest

Fish to Win

Anyone headed to Lord Flechers on Sat. for the Crappie contest?? This will be my first time and not sure if I should troll or slip bobber these Crappies- I don't fish Minnetonka much and would like some advice on the whole Tourney- Thanks and good luck to all!!! laugh.gif

It will be a zoo out there. I would get to the launch early and try to avoid the guys who think this is a professional tournament. As far as what to use, I have had success with small collarless jigs tipped with microshad under a slip bobber.

You can expect much competition. Get to the landing early or you may not get a parking spot. My experience is stay away from Seton and Black Lakes and many of the smaller bays will be filled with boats. But there are plenty of main lake spots that hold winning sized crappies and no one will be fishing them.